HOLIDAY IN NIGHTMARE
Holiday in Nightmare
by Rahayu Wulandari Saputri
Characters:
The Mother
Jake as The Son
Max as a Best Friend
Act 1
Scene
In the afternoon at home.
[Jake came rushing to put the bag down].
He was overjoyed as if he had let go of a very heavy burden. He smiled very wide like a child waiting for a big gift from Santa Claus.
Finally!!! I can’t wait to meet Max and others. My foot miss their ball
[Jake runs around looking for his mother in every corner of the room until he found her in the kitchen]
JAKE. [screaming while panting] Mama!!! Mama!!!
MOTHER. [shocked] What is wrong with you jake? [starts to panic] Is there a thief in our house?
JAKE. [seeing his mother’s face panic, Jake exploded with laughter] No, Mama. [smile] I have done my final test. So, can I go to play football with Max and the others? [puppy eyes] please…
MAMA. [confused] Hmm... Okay. But first, you need to give your graded paper! Bring it to me!
JAKE. [hands form a gesture of respect] Okay, Mom!
JAKE. [He ran back to the room to get the graded paper. After finding it, he went back to the kitchen] Here you are [hands the graded paper to mama] So, can I go?
MAMA. Well, after I see your grade is well enough [starts to open the paper] you can-
JAKE. [runaway] Goodbye Mama! I love you so much!
MAMA. [angry][chases jake] hey jake! Come back here!
[Jake sticks his tongue out]
Act 2
Scene
Afternoon. a big football field. The sun shines brightly.
Max and his friends are waiting for Jake. He said that he will come earlier, but the fact is…
[Jake enters while panting]
JAKE. Sorry guys [panting again] I'm late
FRIENDS. [say togetherly] Again!?
JAKE. [grins] I'm sorry guys…
MAX. [smile at Jake] Okay guys! shall we start this match? Jake has come with us
FRIENDS. Okay, let’s play!
[Jake smiling at Max and others]
Jake and Max have been truly best friends since they were kids. So that is why Max and Jake always protect each other
[Jake dribbled very skillfully then kicked it right into the goal and…]
He loves to play, especially football. Jake is their captain. That is why they had to wait for him.
MAX AND FRIENDS [screaming] Goal!!!
After a while, the game ends in victory for Jake's team. They decided to take a break before returning home.
MAX. {sits beside Jake] Why do you come late? [drinks the water and gives it to Jake] a few days ago you didn't play too. What's wrong with you?
JAKE. [drinks the water] My mother. [sad face] She won't let me play football again.
MAX. [more curious] WHY??!!!
JAKE. [grins] hehe I got bad grades at school.
MAX. [laughs] you stupid! [suddenly realizes something] but how did you get here?
JAKE. [laughs] of course running away!
MAX. [slaps Jake’s face] you’re really stupid! You should get home and apologize to your mother before you regret it!
JAKE. [rubs his cheek] yes Max. I will.
Max is Jake's best friend. He is the most mature and always advises him
Act 3
Scene
Evening. at 6 PM. On the way home.
[Jake walked slowly.] He regretted having run away from home. He hates all about school. His thought is always about playing, playing, and playing.
Max is right. Maybe I should apologize.
When he got to the front of the house, Jake is shocked
[Mother has been waiting at the front door]
JAKE. [panic] Mom? I.. I... Let me explain...
MOTHER. [Angry face] [low but piercing voice] Get into the house!
[Jake enters the house while lowering his head]
[Mother follows Jake]
MOTHER. [shows the graded paper in front of Jake] You see this? [Angry] How dare you go outside, huh?!
JAKE. [lowers his head and voice] I’m sorry mom. Please give me a chance to fix it. I’ll study harder.
MOTHER. [more angry] [louder voice] A chance? NO! [points to Jake] YOU WILL NOT ABLE TO PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN!
JAKE.[hearing about football, Jake got angry] [loud voice] You can’t do this mom!
MOTHER. [smirks] Yes of course I can do this! unless you didn’t get a better grade, you would not see the football field!
JAKE. [angrier] [screams] I HATE SCHOOL AND I HATE YOU, MOM! [Jake enters his bedroom and slams the door]
[he buried his head into the pillow and started crying] I hate school! I wish the holiday could be every day!
[Jake kept crying on his pillow and finally unconsciously he fell asleep]
Act 4, Part 1
Scene
Morning. At home
[Jake wakes up and sees his alarms. it shows 9 AM]
JAKE. [panic] [go out of his room ] [go to the kitchen] Mom? Why didn’t you wake me up?
MOTHER. Oh, good morning Jake! It’s a holiday!
JAKE. [confused] what? it is Tuesday, mom!
MOTHER. Did you forget? The education minister said to all students that school is off for two weeks.
JAKE. [more confused] HOLIDAY???
He didn’t remember about this announcement. The last thing that he remembered is the fight between him and his mother.
JAKE. [didn’t care] [Happy] okay whatever it is, but it is a holiday!! yey!! Finally, my wish comes true. I’m going to play football mom! [Jake starts to open the door]
MOTHER. NO! you stay at home! [Walks away from Jake] [Grabs shopping bag]
JAKE. [annoyed] Why mom? You said it is a holiday?!
MOTHER. [looks at Jake] what? [approaches him] do you not remember, jake?
JAKE. [frustration] please tell me what is happening, mom!
MOTHER. [looks at Jake] The government has closed schools since one day ago. That's because there is a dangerous virus that is contagious and makes us unable to go outside and interact with other people. [start wearing a mask]
JAKE. [shocked and disbelieving face] WHAT???! VIRUS?!!
I don’t understand. Holiday for two weeks but without playing outside?! This is a nightmare!
[Jake looks at mom] What are you wearing mom?
MOTHER. [Points at mask] ow… this? This is a face mask. The government said that you should wear a mask if you want to go outside if it is urgent. [walks to the door] I want to go to the market and buy some supplies. I'm worried this virus will stay longer. [looks at Jake] lock this door and make sure you wouldn’t go outside. [walks out from home]
After the door was locked and Mom had left the house, Jake started frantically looking for evidence. He was sure that something was wrong with his life now.
JAKE. [turns on the tv] if what mom said is true, surely the news on tv will also talk about it. [He changes the channel] [Shocked] It is true!! oh my god [he closes his mouth by hand] I can’t believe it! [Changes the channel again and again] oh no! all the tv channels are talking about this virus!! [more panic]
Jake then remembered his friends. He wanted to know how they were. Do they also feel this strange life?
JAKE. Oh MAX! I should call Max and ask him! [Walks to the telephone] [passes the calendar] [distracted because something] What?! [approaches the calendar] March 2020??!! [disbelieving face] this is crazy. It should be 2018!!
Jake hangs up the telephone and presses the number impatiently. He doesn't understand. How could this happen? Am I using a time machine?
[tut…tut…tut.. the phone keeps ringing. it's a sign that someone there hasn't picked it up.]
JAKE. [Impatient] oh come on Max…
Please pick up the phone. I have no idea what is going on here.
[Phone sound picked up]
MAX. Hello?
JAKE. [feel relieved] hello Max! oh gosh…
MAX. [confused] What’s wrong, Jake? You seem so panic
JAKE. [impatient] of course I am! Why are we here Max? We are trapped by the virus outbreak. And you know what? Now we are in 2020!
MAX. [confused] yeah… so what?
JAKE. [disbelieving] You trust this is real??? We are now in the future! [loud] AND WE ARE STUCK IN THIS FUCKING VIRUS!!!
MAX. [annoyed] OF COURSE, I KNOW JAKE! you don’t need to explain this situation. and WHAT FUCKING ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!
JAKE. [feels guilty] I am sorry Max. I do not mean it like that. I'm just confused. Why am I suddenly stuck here? [the sound starts to vibrate] At first, I had a fight with my mother but suddenly woke up in a scary situation like this.
The phone no longer makes a sound. [Max didn't answer and just sighed.]
JAKE. [panic] hello? hello? Max?!
MAX. You should probably hear my advice! [max hangs up the call suddenly]
[Jake is confused.]
Advice? What advice did Max give?
Not long after, mother came home from the market.
[Jake pays attention to his mother] She brought a lot of groceries. She wiped the sweat off her forehead.
MOTHER. [put off the mask] [Smile] What’s wrong, Jake?
[Jake suddenly remembered Max's advice. He should apologize to his mother]
JAKE. [hugs mother] Mama!! [starts crying] forgive me, mom. I will study harder! I will not always think about playing… Please forgive me, mom!
MOTHER. [confused] Hey, Jake, calm down.. [holding Jake's shoulder] tell me, what is wrong with you? and why are you crying?
[Hearing his mother’s soft and soothing voice, Jake's cries grew louder]
JAKE. I can't stand it if I have to live for two weeks like this. I want us to go back to how we used to be. Please forgive me, mom
MOTHER. It’s okay Jake… Mom is always by your side...
[They both hug each other] Please forgive me…
Act 4, Part 2
Scene
Morning. At home
[Jake wakes up] He is full of tears and sweat. [He sees his alarms. it shows 9 AM]
JAKE. [panic] Am I looping? [go out of his room ]
[Jake ran around looking for his mother in every corner of the room until he found her in the kitchen]
[Jake goes to the kitchen] Mom? [hugs mother] Mama!! [starts crying] forgive me, mom. I will study harder! I will not always think about playing… Please forgive me, mom!
MOTHER. Hey… hey… calm down
[Jake looked around the room.] no masks. The calendar shows 2018.
But still, there is one thing missing. he needs to be convinced by his mother's talk
JAKE. [approaches mother] Why didn’t you wake me up?
please say something mom… Proof me this is not a holiday nightmare again...
MOTHER. [smile] [Put a hand on Jake’s forehead] feeling better?
Jake realizes he is not in a nightmare again. He got a fever last night.
[Jake hugs his mom again] I promise, I will not let you down again mom.
-THE END-
Komentar
Posting Komentar