Reflection - Don't be a Procrastinator!
After listening to Mr. Udi's explanation and my friends' opinions about Procrastination, I realized I am so related to this topic because I am used to postponing my assignments. Oh my god, I’m really sorry😞
So, procrastination is the act of unnecessarily postponing decisions or actions. For example, a person is procrastinating when they delay working on an assignment until right before its deadline for no reason, even though they know it would be better for them to start earlier.
Many reasons that make us be a procrastinator but these are the commons:
Rebellion: “I don’t want to do it! You can’t force me to do it! I am on my own!”
Fear of failure: “I don’t have the confidence to do this, I believe this is so wrong and can’t do it, I’m not smart enough”
And the reason why I’m a procrastinator is always fear of failure. I totally realize that I am a perfectionist. When I do something, I just want to do it perfectly; no wrong, no revision. But because of these, I postponed my assignment every time I want to do it because I know that I was not smart enough and I don’t have the ability to do it.
I am used to believing that I need more time and it is okay to postpone it for a good reason to make my assignments perfect in one shot. But now, I finally know that all I did is wrong because basically, all I need to do is “DO IT FIRST!” no matter if it is wrong or right. Don’t be afraid of many mistakes that you will make because the rest of the time after you finish the assignment, you can check it and revise it.
See? The solution is as simple as the assignment that I have done. I’m just afraid to start it😌 But hopefully after knowing the term ‘Procrastination’ and how to overcome it, I will be a diligent student who always put the assignment in the first place.
Komentar
Posting Komentar