Reflection 4 - Have You Ever Self Doubting?



After watching this video, I learned that self-doubt is a human’s friend. It is impossible, who’s never self-doubting?  I think self-doubting is not always bad because it depends on our perspectives.



The speaker, Mario Lanzarotti said that self-doubt will become good or bad based on our perspectives. If we see self-doubt as an enemy, it will control us. It will cover your ability, take your confidence, make you always feel insecure, and make you afraid to try something. On the other hand, if we see self-doubt as a friend, it will improve our spirit. You will know how to achieve your dream. You know how much struggle to get to this point. Your self-doubt makes you think, think, and think again about how to achieve something. 


“Do I deserve to get this dream if I am lazy and not doing anything?”, 

“Is that dream that I really want?”, 

“Am I good enough?”


Your mind will ask many questions to yourselves. So how to answer those questions correctly?


  • Don’t hesitate to ask for other’s help


I am an introvert and I am really shy to tell my problem to someone else even my parents. But one day, I tried to tell my mother because I was really desperate and didn't know what to do for solving my problem. My mother gave me the best advice that makes my problem solved. After that, I know asking for others’ help is fine because, from their advice, you can combine it with your opinion so that you will get the best solution.


  • You never know what you can do unless you try


I like something that beautiful, I mean art such as paintings, lettering, handicrafts, and so on. I will buy it if I want it because I know I can’t make it by myself.


But one day, I didn’t know what come to my mind, and suddenly I decided to make a business in the art section.



You may think I'm crazy but I really made it. Absolutely self-doubt came to my mind at that time but it doesn't mean it stopped me to try something. I know I don't have the ability but I know I can if I learn. I got enough money from it even though my business now is over. But I think, it is not important. The importance is the process; the experiences that I got from running this business.


What if at that time, I let self-doubt control me? Of course, I won’t have the best experiences; running an art business.


So guys, see our self-doubt as a friend and don't let them take your confidence and your braveness. Know what you want and pursue it! Do not ever hesitate to try something new because you never know what you can do unless you try!


Komentar